Soon after creating Weekly Safety meetings in 1978, we realized that our customers needed a good, structured way to track what happens at their construction sites on a day-to-day basis. We saw superintendents keeping notes on loose-leaf paper, which ultimately shocked us. What are they doing with these papers, and how are they organizing them? We saw these 'loose' papers getting lost from their binders too often. This brought us to the development of the Daily Log Book.
What Is A Daily Log Book?
The Daily Log Book helps superintendents and supervisors keep track of the following daily records:
- Work performed
- Subcontractor progress
- Materials purchased
Different Types of Log Books Are Available
At Safety Meeting Outlines, we offer three types of Construction & Maintenance Daily Log Books. They are as follows.
The Green Standard Edition
- A one-page-per-day Daily Log.Blue Expanded Edition:
- A two-page-per-day Daily Log.
The Blue Expanded Edition
- Has one formatted page and one lined page for every day of the calendar year.
- Those who run large and complex projects or who manage large numbers of subcontractors should consider the expanded, two-page-per-day version of the book.
- The expanded version will give you the extra pages you need to record the details of large projects.
The Pocket Edition:
- A 3-month Daily Log. The Pocket Edition Log introduces a brand-new format
- The Pocket Edition log is 4" by 6½", making it easy to fit into a shirt and hip pockets.
- There are 92 pages to accommodate three months' worth of notes using one page daily.
- The pages are sewn together into the book, which provides durability and credibility.
- The pages in the Pocket Edition are not dated; you can use as many pages as necessary to record the day's activities.
What Will A Daily Log Book Do For My Business?
There is no question that good record-keeping is important. The Construction & Maintenance Daily Log is the complete tool to secure job site records for your business. Complete job site records are the keys to the value in dispute resolution, whether that amounts to full-scale litigation, a phone call, or arbitration. A Daily Log keeps consistent records of all your job-related notes in one place. Overall, it will keep your ducks in a row and your profits in your pocket!
Not sure what Daily Log Book is best for you?
Let us help keep your crew safe by calling (888) 665-3836 to better understand the benefits of a Log Book and gain information about Weekly Safety Meetings.Special Training